Thursday, August 5, 2010
A couple nuggets of exciting news! Our director, Andrew Racho's, animated short film, Tobacco Man, will be playing at Dragon Con in Atlanta (Sept 3-6). Sonic Bunny is sending him and our other writer, Evan Dannemiller, to the Con to promote Okay Place. So if you're going to be there, let us know!
Clip 1 - Sergeant Cereal voiced by R. Lee Ermey
INTERVIEW: Caroline Foley - Animator:
Caroline, you animated a scene with Sergeant Cereal, so we're going to ask you a lot of questions about him...some personal. Okay? Okay. Good.
1) What was your initial reaction to Sergeant Cereal?
C: Who is this guy and why is he yelling at me!
2) Did you picture R. Lee Ermey when animating Sgt. Cereal?
C: Yes, and it terrified the shit out of me!
2A) Did that influence the way you drew out his movements?
C: You don't have much say in a situation when you have a gun pointing at your
head... even if the gun isn't real... and by "isn't real" I mean "real".
3) Would you follow Sgt. Cereal into battle?
C: I have a feeling I wouldn't have a choice.
4) What do you think he's like in the sack?
C: Pudding. Kinda gross, right?
5) Do you think he has any illegitimate children with women from the South Pacific?
C: I believe all children of the world are legitimate! *sparkle hearts and rainbow farts*
Clip 2 - Hector Spector voiced by Scott Adsit
Alright, now that you're grossed out, we move on...
6) What was your favorite scene to animate and why?
C: The dead bunny scene! Because who doesn't love cute dead animals? Thanks for the reference, guys!!!
7) If you were stranded on a desert island with the employees from An Okay Place to Eat, and you could save one person, who would it be and why?
C: Tasty Bear because bears are people too! And I don't think he'd give me no lip, ya know what I'm sayin? Also, I think he would be great at finding food. And then eating it.
8) Who was your favorite food or beverage mascot as a child?
C: Tony the Tiger! He's grrrrrreat!
9) Where can we see more of your animation?
C: On my website: http://www.undressedanimals.com/
That's it on this end! Check back in a few weeks for one of our Okay Place Trailers! P.S. For all of THE ROOM fans out there...there's a throw back to the film in the 2nd clip. Can you spot it? Go, go, go, go, go, go, go...Alcatraz! <--That may or not be a hint.